Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Summer Serenity

This LO was totally inspired by Gabriellep...Thanks Gabi!!
This LO was done with the July kit "Summer Serenity". Because Swirlydoos is not back up yet, I will be posting any new information about my tutorials on Swirlydoos Blog and here. The kit is absolutely fabulous this month as always. The papers are Basic Gray Capella line. Such lush beautiful designs on the papers. I did some distressing and sewing on the papers as well as Robins wet paper distress technique. I painted the Thickers letters with puffy paint and then sprinkled it with Diamond Dust. Tutorial to follow this week on a different Letter Technique. The butterflies were from the file I shared for this kit and the tall woody vine was traced from my Dusty Attic Chipboard, cut out of Card Stock and Rock Candy Stickled. I also added some Kaiser Craft Rhinestones. The tiny pink flowers were in the kit, they were Kaiser Craft flowers and I folded them in quarters and scrunched them a little, then added to the Sizzix die cut leaves. The flowers are Prima, and the ribbon is from Offray and woven through the scalloped cut paper. The scallops on the strip were punched from an EK Success new edge punch. The tiny pom pom trim was white and I dyed it with the alcohol ink that came in the add on technique kit this month. I also colored the pearls from ZVA with the alcohol ink and used it for the butterfly trail. The photo is my beautiful daughter Gabrielle. With life going in a million different directions at this time, I tell her to slow down and just Breath...
Here are some closeups and details from the LO...












The backround on my Imagine LO was enhanced by stamping the back round paper with Prima's border frame stamps using Tim Holtz Distress ink in Vintage Photo. The green vine was once again cut out from card stock after tracing the Dusty Attic design. I added the beautiful die cut leaves that were a gift from my friend Faye. Faye and her family own 3 Tails Craft & Cards in Australia. If you love Dusty Attic, you will love 3 tails. I look forward to using more of their laser cut products on my LO's. Faye sent me a generous amount of product to work with. Thank you Faye!! Please check out the site for information. They have an online store as well as a physical store. The tiny red flowers on the vine were made as in the previous post but were colored with Glimmer Mist and a tiny stem added to the base and attached to the vine. The photo was created using Holly Mcaig Border Effects digital Elements and processed in Photoshop CS4. The Photo was enhanced with Florabella Actions. The title was inspired by John Lennons song Imagine, and some of the words are written around the photo mat using a brown Zig pen in 5mm. The photo is my sisters Granddaughter Nikki.Nikki's mom took the Photo on a visit to Bok Tower Gardens in Florida, not far from their home.



The next LO uses the very same flowers I did the tutorial on. Swirly Fiesta Flowers. Used a Martha Stewart punch for the Deco Scallops. The leaves are a Sizzix die and inked and scrunched a bit to give them depth. Butterflies from the files I shared and the trails from the ZVA pearl flourishes in the kit that I took apart.The writing was done with a Uni-Ball Signo Broad White Gel Pen.



I have more LO's to share with you from the kit, but it is past my bedtime and I have to get up before 5am in the morning for work. So good night all ...Sweet dreams...

9 comments:

  1. Love this lo so much!!! What a great idea about the DA branches!!! Beautiful dd!!!!! LOVE YOUR LO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all sooooooooo stunning!!! I had to stare at them each for a bit! BEAUTIFUL and innovative details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These layouts are beautiful! Wow...and the way you traced the DA branch is amazing, these are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These layouts are absolutely gorgeous!!! I love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photo in the Just Breathe layout and the borders, especially the ribbon with the gems.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just Stunning as usual!! I love your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! Love how you dyed the pom poms and crystals. Still have to try my hand at those fiesta flowers. They're awesome! ;o) Hope you and your family are having a great 4th.
    Hugz,Z

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Lisa!! LOVE each and every one!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!