Saturday, June 19, 2010

Panama Hat






This LO was done with the Swirlydoos June "Antebellum Beauty" kit. It was also done for Megs June Round Robin challenge at Swirlydoos. The theme this month was Summer. My summer photo is of my brothers sweet girlfriend Alexsandra. The two are in Puerto Rico right now and are staying in Old San Juan...Which is the heart of Puerto Rico. On one of there adventures in the city, they stopped at a hat store that custom makes hats fit just for you. You can actually watch them weave the hat from plaited leaves of the toquilla straw plant, and making them is an art. So they each had a Panama Hat made. The hats help to keep you cooler during the hot tropical summers. Doesn't Alex look adorable in hers?? She is a beauty IRL...I call her my brothers Island girl. She was born and raised in Puerto Rico, but got her higher education here in the states.She is a textile designer , So her sense of style is fabulous.... So you never know that great summer dress you purchased at Macy*s, may be her print design...Any way, summer is not complete in Puerto Rico unless you have a Panama Hat...Oh I realized I forgot to glue the pearls down on the birdcage...Do over tomorrow!! All of the pearls came from my sweet Swirly Sister Tina(TinamarieR) who is now on the design team with us!!

3 comments:

  1. This is just fabulous Lisa! I love every detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning layout, love that flower and the colors are to dye for..LOL
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!