Thursday, December 8, 2011

That's How I Roll...


Well, every once in a while I write little tid bits about my life here. I may share an inspirational post, or quote something awesome I heard recently, and I haven't done that in a while. So to answer a question that one of my wonderful blogger friends and many others often ask me..."How do you manage a full time job, a family and crank out amazing Layouts and top it all off by teaching us how to create flowers by doing tutorials. Tell me please".
Well Ms.Holly, to be honest?? Sometimes It aint easy!! You see for the past few years I have been juggling a full time position at the hospital, and Designing layouts for Swirlydoos. I love both jobs. So the balance I've struck lets me carry on into a few other ventures like taking on 2 terms designing for Heartfelt Creations and Guest Designing for a couple of other wonderful sites. I maintain 2 homes, care for my father in law and all of his affairs since my mother in law passed away in March, do an occasional photo shoot, make time for my friends, never let my role fail as the dutiful wife, and try to maintain sanity through this crap called peri-menopause. I give and take, like giving up Heartfelt Creations and taking ZVA Creative. Instead of a wedding , I'll do a newborn shoot, or I'll just say no... I could probably get it all done and then some if I worked till 2 am...But I dont. And I wont. Take care of your body..Doing it "all" shouldn't come at the price of your health. You can't work at your best (or be as fast thinking) if you're letting yourself turn into a zombie from "The Walking Dead"!
It's difficult, but I believe if you love what you do in your creative world, and are willing to manage your expectations, and you learn to say no once in a while, you can make it work. I make it work. That's just how I roll.
When the world seems to be spinning out of control, I turn to Him...And I pray...

Oh and come Saturday, I will be Guest Designing for a wonderful Company!! Come back and check it out!! Then in January another wonderful place, and for CHA I will be promoting another favorite place of mine!! Big things for the new year. Things good for my soul...

8 comments:

  1. HI Lisa...miss ya girl! very true your post ...I hear ya :) and congrats on the guest spot...cant wait to see who it is :) have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Lisa but you forgot to mention all the time you dedicate on the Swirlydoos forums, giving inspiration to those struggling, consoling friends stuck in a health care system that's dragging them down, offering health tips when someone mentions they're not feeling well... I could go on and on. It is all so much appreciated.

    Keep saying "no" once in awhile and take care of yourself during this frustrating stage called peri-menopause. It is definitely a force to be reckoned with! (I call myself a survior. LOL)

    Can't wait to hear your news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.. you are busy, but i guess the bottom line is ... if you love what you do then it isn't work.. i love your scrapping, and i didn't realize how busy you were either.. so do take care of yourself please!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, this is such a wonderful reminder!! I have been so blessed by your work and your tutorials. The Lord has used you to inspire and teach me. Thanks for your kind comments about the card I created for our son's wedding!! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful picture & quote! I've often wondered myself how you do it! I know that when I tried, I failed miserably, and I didn't do as much as you. I am happy to know though that you are a christian and you turn to Him in the moments of need!! God's blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post, Lisa, i believe that you can only put into your day what time allows, and if you are true to yourself, it will happen. I am so glad you are able to do all that you do, and hope the new year brings new opportunities, and more strength to carry out alllllll out!!!! What Linda said is true - you are on the forum so much, and dedicating so much time to that is something to be said = i know i can't keep up, and my life isn't nearly as busy!
    look out for number one, and all that matters will fall into place!
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this wonderful post. I love the picture with the quote. It is truly one to hang on to - I will print it out and put it in my hospital bag! I really appreciate your tutorials and your advise on the swirlydoos forum.

    Big hugs
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your post and the scripture you quoted. Very nice and so true. God Bless You and thank you for all the inspiration you provide. I jsut found your blog and am so enjoying reading your posts and seing your layouts.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!