Friday, November 22, 2013

Scraps Of Elegance November The Thankful Kit ~~2nd reveal~~

 This is the 2nd layout I created as Sponsored Designer for Scraps Of Elegance. The Thankful Kit is so beautiful!! With the variety of patterns and colors, the papers are so versatile. For this layout I chose to use a piece of card stock from the add on Card Stock kit for my background. With inspiration I got from one of Gabrielle Pollacco's canvas layouts, I lightly covered the card stock with gesso using a credit card, to mimic a piece of canvas. Her work inspired me so.


 I created some tattered flowers and used the kit flowers for the middle of the larger flower. The picture of my husband was altered using a program I found on the internet. Love the Vintage post card look to it. The delicate gold leaves were also in the main kit. It lends a little sparkle to the layout.


Before I throw away the box the kit came in, I used it to diecut some of the pieces on my layout. In the above photo, you can see the corrugated piece under the photo. Yup, from the box my kit came in. 


Renea Harrison is the designer of the butterflies in the kit. They are precious. A little pop of yellow goes a long way on this very Vintage pink layout.  The Prima 6x6 Stencil - Art Deco Design Background stencil in the kit is awesome!! I used gesso instead of texture paste. The look is a little smoother.


I love the sweet trim  from the kit. I painted it with gesso and the red turned into a washed out pink color. I rubbed the resin pieces slightly with distress ink and did a little sewing around the picture.


It has been a pleasure working as a designer for Scraps Of Elegance these last few months. I have one more layout to reveal before I exit this totally awesome kit club. I hope you go visit the Scraps Of Elegance blog for more inspiration and see what the designers and Guest designer have created with the kit. The inspiration is beautiful!! And grab one of the Thankful kits before they are all gone!! Better yet, subscribe to Scraps Of Elegance so that you never miss another wonderful kit!!


 Until next week, Have a wonderful Thanksgiving to all of my American friends!! xoxoxo


6 comments:

  1. Fabulous work! I love all your elements and how you created the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Lisa :) You always inspire me and make me strive to try new techniques and spread my creative wings <3

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful.. love all the techniques you have used on here..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful page my darling friend. I love the vintage postcard you matted your photo on...and I adore the pops of gold. Very trendy.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!