Monday, July 7, 2014

Lindys July Color Palette and Me...

I hope my friends in the US had a wonderful Independence Day. This months Lindys Stamp Gang color palette had me inspired to get a little red and blue in this layout, and I just added a bit of white, green and warmth..Is warmth even a color?? Well the Golden Sleigh Bells  added a bit of warmth, so I guess it is!! The Lindys Limited Edition Color Challenge Mega Set is a must have!!


For the background, I mounted a piece of white textured cardstock onto a 12x12 piece of corrugated cardboard using Mod Podge and a brayer. I sprayed it in random spots with Lindy's Starburst spray in Azure Sea Asters. Then I placed a mask over the board and sprayed it with Lindy's Starburst Spray in My Mojito Green. I just added a few flecks of color here and there with the Peony Scarlet red and Azure Sea Asters . The Blue Fern Studios Chipboard was sprayed with Lindy's Starburst spray in Peony Scarlet Red.


The flowers were colored with Lindy's Starburst spray in Peony Scarlet Red as well. The green flowers were enhanced with My Mojito Green.


 Cathi O'Neill, one of last months Lindy's Color Challenge winners gave me a terrific tip. She uses corrugated cardboard pieces to lift her layers to create depth when you want more of a  lift than using pop dots. I use this technique all of the time now. I always have corrugated cardboard in my stash. Thanks my friend for an awesome tip!!


For my Blue Fern Studios Chipboard Rose Frame, I painted it with white acrylic paint and then just lightly rubbed some Lindy's Starburst spray in Golden Sleigh-bells.For the pieces of patterned paper I used for my photo matting, I did machine sewing around the pieces, sprayed them with My Mojito green and edged them with Peony Scarlet Red. I sprays the tag holes with the red as well. The just strung a bit of jute through the holes.


And don't forget to join our color challenge this month using the gorgeous rich colors of the palette!!
Click here for all of the details on how you can join us this month!!


2 comments:

  1. So pretty! I use pieces of packaging for a boost in layers and also, foam window tape that I got at home depot ;) Home improvement stores, it's not just for home improvement anymore! lol

    Paula xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so lovely! I love the colors and what a stunning piece of chipboard too! Love this!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!