Thursday, February 26, 2015

Dusty Attic February Mood Board

Good morning everyone! Today I share with you, the luscious colors of the February Mood Board that were used to create my layout. One of my favorite colors is purple and all the shades in between. So this Mood Board really excited me, because I got to work with my favorite berry shades. 

 I created this layout and used a 12x12 piece of corrugated cardboard as my base. I adhered a 12x12 piece of lavender cardstock to the base using ModPodge, then added a second smaller layer with a piece of brown cardstock . Once it was dry, I wet the edges and peeled back the cardstock taking the top layer of the cardboard with it, exposing the ridged part of the cardboard an wrinkled and tore it up a bit. I used Lindys Stamp Gang Moon Shadow Mist in Mooonlit Mulberry over the cardstock pieces. I sprayed the exposed cardboard edges with Moon Shadow Mist in Phantom Fuchsia.


The Dusty In Color acrylic paints are wonderful! I used the Lavender Blush to paint the Word Pack #4 "Moments" title. The paint is so thick and lush that it only takes 1 coat.


To color the Elegant Swirls #13, I used the smaller swirls from the  pack and used Dusty In Color in Raisin to paint them.


 I painted a piece of Corrugated Card for the photo mat, using Dusty In Color in Raisin. The Sweet PeaFrame Set was painted with Lavender Blush.


I tucked some Dusty In Bloom Flowers in Dusty Rose, into my handmade flowers.The wreath on this layout was actually a project I did for Heartfelt Creations. I thought with the colors, it was just perfect for this layout.


 I created the flower wreath a while back and thought I would incorporate it into this layout. I did recolor a piece of the the Circle Frame set in Dusty In Color in Hot Chocolate that I used for the wreath, then wrapped some twine around it and tied a bow. I topped the bow with another flower in Vintage rose.


Dusty Attic Products Used:




Till next time xoxo


2 comments:

  1. Lisa, this is so beautiful. I saw it first on FB and clicked the link to come to your blog.

    You've used my favorite colors also! Love all the detail work. The flowers are gorgeous as well as the chippies. I love how you've used corrugated cardboard and I need to try that technique. I have some cardboard stashed away to do that very thing and you've inspired me to try it. Just not sure when! :-)

    Thank you for sharing and have a great day!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a most beautiful layout! I really like the lovely colors and each and every detail. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!